5 January 2012

The first day of the year...

How did you spend the first day of the year? I always look forward to the eve of the new year, because aside from spending time with everyone in the family, and that's around thirty of us, there's always something very special when we all gather together before the clock strikes 12:00 midnite.....there's always that eager anticipation of a very happy moment... like a dream, a very happy dream...ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, OOOONNNNNNEEE! We jump for joy, spontaneously hug and kiss each other, love seems to be the best way to express that happiness, all forms of sadness are suddenly erased from our thoughts at that moment....we instantaneously become happy with the mere thought that we are fulfilling a promise that we will get better and better as the years go by.....
however,  when a slide show was projected on the tv screen which showed the events of the family throughout the previous year, a tinge of sadness enveloped us when pictures of my recently deceased father were shown....for a while I started to miss him, again.

after 2:00 in the morning, we then head for home and fall asleep without a weary thought...everyone I met in the next few days have expectedly uttered the same thing...."oh, I can't believe it's 2012!".....as if in an echo, these words reverberated everywhere.

I thank God, to be given another chance to live the life I wish to live, learning and loving day by day....Well, at least that's how happy I feel, and in fact, I should feel that way everyday, if I could!

We all slept-in till about noon, and consequently when the weather started to be a scorcher, we gathered again for a late lunch at my sister's house to help her finish off the left-overs from the previous night....then when evening came, I thought that the best way to end the day was to watch the sunset at the beach, and I was not disappointed... aaah, I can never get enough of the beauty that I was seeing, it's never the same everyday.....


At Beaconsfield Parade....





























No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...