2 November 2010

Mother and child



This is my youngest sister and her six month old daughter, Drina. My excitement when Drina was born was beyond measure. It is for the reason that I have been away from my siblings for almost twenty years, being married to someone who was from overseas and thereafter lived in a few other countries away from home,  I have not really had the chance to see my nieces and nephews as babies. It was only more than six years ago when my siblings and I, together with our respective families all migrated to Australia.  I found it strange meeting their children all grown up! So when Drina was born I could not wait to be there and cuddle her, and soon after I was taking her first photos! As my youngest sister has now come to an age when she might not have another child again, Drina will then be my one and only baby niece.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...