3 July 2011

Snippets of my trip to Manila Part 2- Sunset at Roxas Blvd

My last day in Manila was spent at the cemetery which was a two-hour drive from where we stayed in Las Pinas....then we had a meal of chicken barbecue and fried noodles at Aristocrat Restaurant hosted by my eldest sister who chose the place so I could have the chance to watch the sunset before my flight back to Melbourne. I have always been chasing either sunrise or sunset at Manila Bay during my stay but due to continuous downpour almost everyday my chance just became much slimmer, in fact it was again raining heavily in the afternoon on that last day, but for some mysterious reasons, the rain stopped as soon as we were about to leave for the airport to catch the nine o'clock flight in the evening...so here I was walking along roxas boulevard taking some final shots...while my sisters worried not being able to check-in on time...but then we were already quite near to the airport so everything went alright.


























a favourite rendezvous?






 a typical afternoon scene at roxas boulevard's manila bay



a dried squid vendor





 ready to barbecue


tricycle vendors selling snacks 






 roxas boulevard







a little boy cleaning the horse in his 'karetela' (horse carriage)




 car toys vendor



malate church behind aristocrat restaurant, and a jeepney passing by


a sculpture at malate church



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...