7 August 2011

on overcoming the loss of a loved one...

I still remember, the night I started to watch television again and enjoyed it...that was more than a couple of weeks ago on a Friday night and I was watching 'Bones'...then, in the consequent weeks, I went to attend a couple of birthday parties, met up with some Malaysian friends for dinner, went to the city for walks with my son, watched 'Larry Crowne' in the cinema with my daughter and took the photos below on walks...
After my Dad got sick and eventually passed away, I could not make myself be entertained by almost anything, I realized that when sadness looms time seems to stop in your life and you are only focused on that feeling of loss. As much as I tried myself to keep happy, the thought about what happened still lingers...but then after a while... you realise that time also heals you of your pain, when you are back to your daily routine and try to embrace reality... though I could not deny that at moments when you are alone, you still miss that someone you love, and tears seem to be the only way to help you cope and empty yourself of that sadness...I find refuge in prayers most of the time, they keep the connection between you and faith in God, they heal you from the wounds that you face in this world and gently help you to understand that when you love someone you have to let go and learn that the happiness of the loved one, more than your own, becomes of paramount importance.  Life moves on...gently and beautifully.






















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...